Silverlight 5 Features:
The full feature set planned for Silverlight 5 was announced at the Firestarter event in December 2011 and also includes the following features:
· Support for Postscript vector printing enables users to create reports and documents, including the ability to create a virtual print view different from what is shown on the screen.
· Improved power awareness prevents the screen saver from being shown while watching video and allows the computer to sleep when video is not active.
· Remote control support, allowing users to control media playback
· DRM advancements that allow seamless switching between DRM media sources.
· Enhanced OpenType support.
· Fluid user interface enables smoother animation within the UI. Inter‐Layout Transitions allow developers to specify animations to apply when elements are added, removed or re‐ordered within a layout. This provides smoother user experiences when, for example, items are inserted into a list.
· Text clarity is improved with Pixel Snapping.
· The DataContextChanged event is being introduced.
· WS‐Trust support: Security Assertion Markup Language authentication token.
· 64 bit support
· COM Interop for trusted applications running in‐browser.
· Calling unmanaged code using P/Invoke from trusted applications in and out of browser.
· The Pivot viewer control enables a visual way to rapidly sort through large collections of graphical data, for example a catalog of movies represented by images of dvd covers, using intuitive transitions to show the effects of filters on the result set.